Are you wondering how to make $5000 fast? If you need to make money quickly, here are some ways to bring in some extra income.
There are times in life when we all need extra funds.
Whether it’s an unplanned medical expense, emergency car repairs or another emergency, there may be times when you’re looking for ways to make $5000 quickly.
Fortunately, there are some ways that you can make money fast.
8 Easy Ways to Make $5000 Fast
Sell Large or Valuable Items
If you need to make $5k fast, the easiest way to sell something valuable. Here are some items that you can sell and quickly obtain large amounts of cash.
- Sell your vehicle – Can you part with your vehicle and take public transportation instead? If you own your vehicle free and clear of a loan, you can likely sell it quickly. There is a shortage of quality used cars and many are searching for quality vehicles. Whether you sell to a dealer, or put it up for sale yourself online, chances are you can obtain cash quickly.
- Sell Electronics – Can you part with a tablet, television, laptop or another device? Selling or pawning electronics can help you earn quick cash.
- Sell Gold or Jewelry – Gold prices are high, do you have the jewelry you can sell? Parting with old jewelry can help you get some of the money you need, and help clear out extra clutter as well.
- Sell Bikes and Other Toys – Do you have bikes, scooters or other outdoor toys collecting dust? Give these items a new life and make some extra cash by selling them to others who will put them to good use.
Clear Out Some Clutter
Do you have toys and clothes that your children have outgrown, or items that you no longer need? Here are some ways to clear the clutter out of your home and make some money doing it.
- Host a garage sale or yard sale – If you have a large number of items to get rid of, you can earn extra income by hosting a sale right in your own yard. Collect and organize your items, mark prices and set up to start selling. To drive extra traffic, be sure to make signs to encourage drivers to stop by and to promote your sale online in local community groups.
- Consign or sell items – You may be able to sell those items you no longer need to consignment stores. I do this frequently for items my kids have outgrown and it can be a quick and easy way to make extra money. Some consignment shops and sales will pay you upfront for items, and others will not pay until that item sells. Check with consignors in your area for terms and how to get started.
- Sell online – Do you have collector items, designer clothes or other valuables that individuals might be looking for? You might be able to sell online like on eBay, Poshmark or other web retailers to earn extra cash. A friend of mine makes an excellent income selling thrifted finds she pays pennies for garage sales and thrift shops for great prices online.
Seek Full Time or Part Time Employment
Workers are at a premium right now and companies are hiring! Employers are hiring for both full and part time jobs and are not just paying higher wages. Many are offering signing bonuses as well. Check out the job listings for your area to see what opportunities are available near you.
Start a Side Hustle
Starting a side hustle (or two or three) can be an excellent way to make extra income quickly and can provide for your family both short term and long term. Have skills you can do from home to help others like writing, graphic design or web design?
You might be able to make money online from Fiverr and other gig sites. Whether you make baked goods or crafts and sell them from home, walk dogs, drive for DoorDash or Uber, there are lots of ways to make money today.
Feeling lucky? Winning cash and prizes can help you get closer to your financial goal. My husband and I win thousands of dollars a year in contests on the radio, online and on social media.
While winning prizes are not guaranteed every time you enter, entering contests can be a fun way to spend your spare time and you may be surprised with the results!
Whether you’re able to appear on a game show, are chosen as caller 10 in a radio contest, or enter online contests such as those on Swagbucks or InboxDollars.
Our family also follows local businesses on social media and enters contests that are hosted there.
READ ALSO: Ways to Make $4,000 Fast
Rent a Room
Do you have a vacation home or even an extra room that you can rent out? You may be able to make money renting it out! Sites like Airbnb can help connect you with renters who are looking for places to stay.
I have a family member who rented out her RV to help make extra income last year when her primary income was reduced due to the pandemic. Other things you can rent out are your driveway, garage or even your backyard.
Did you know that you can donate plasma to not only earn extra money, but to help others at the same time? Plasma donations can be lifesaving for those with many health conditions, and plasma from those who have had COVID-19 is especially needed.
Donors can typically make between $20 to $50 per donation and as much as $300 per month.
Help Others Conceive
Many couples are desperately hoping for a family. Did you know that you could get paid to help? One way to earn extra cash is through the donation of sperm or eggs, or by becoming a surrogate parent.
Wondering how much you could make? According to national sperm banks, healthy men can make as much as $1000 per month donating sperm. Egg donors can earn even more, making from $5000 to $50,000 for egg donation.
Women can also earn income by becoming a surrogate for other couples. While there are health requirements and significant time involved, surrogates can earn an average of $25,000 for first time surrogacy and more for additional surrogacy after that.
No matter what you need it for, you may be wondering how to earn money as soon as possible. Even though that amount may seem like a large sum, achieving your goal is easier than you think.
Do you have tips on how to raise $5000 quickly? Leave a comment below!
Kim Ritter is a frugal living expert, blogger and mom of two from small-town Iowa. What began as an effort to help her family save a few dollars a month has now transformed into a full-time passion to help other parents money. Visit her online at twokidsandacoupon.com and follow her on Twitter at @2kidsandacoupon for more ways your family can have fun on a budget.