Instagram is growing more and more each day, taking its place at the top among social media royalty. Right now, it boasts a whopping 1478 million users – and it’s expanding every day.
There’s a lot of money to be made from Instagram too. One user, known as “yoga girl” now charges up to $25,000 per post.
Do you want to get in on that? We’ve got you covered.
Must Read | Here is How You Can Have the Best Instagram Marketing Experience
Read Our List to Learn How You Can Become Instagram Famous and Start Raking in the Cash!
#1. Find Your Niche
Think about your favorite Instagram influencers. You probably started following them for a specific reason.
Whether it’s makeup tips, inspiration quotes, or breakdowns of the latest features of Honda motorcycles, the best influencers stick to a niche.
If you want to be Instagram famous, you’ll need a niche too. It’s especially important for you to find something you’re crazy passionate about. You’ll need that enthusiasm to keep you going for a long time.
Your first step towards making cash on Instagram: find out what you can talk about for days and days and build your brand around it.
Also Read | A Complete Guide to Getting Instagram Sponsorship
#2. Perfect Your Profile
Now that you’ve got your niche, you need to solidify your profile. Your profile is one of the most important branding tools you have at your disposal.
Following Instagram’s best practices is a start, but we’ll show you how to really take it to the next level.
- Profile Photo: use your brand name or logo to be instantly recognizable.
- Username and Account Name: These need to match along with any other websites or social profiles you have. This helps people find you and creates a consistent brand image.
- Website: Keep the name the same as your Instagram profile. This will be the only clickable link allowed on your account; make it count.
- Bio: Your bio is what you’re all about. Don’t go overboard; keep it tight. Tell your potential audience what you’ve got to offer.
Once you’ve got all of these locked down, take a step back and see what it looks like. Does it work with your brand? Is this the look you want to present?
Keep this in mind to take your Instagram account to the next level.
You May Like | 5 Ways to Use Instagram to Promote Your E-Commerce Business
#3. Spend Social to Get Social
You know that saying “you have to spend money to make money”? It’s the same with social capital.
The road to becoming Instagram famous doesn’t happen overnight. You need to build momentum.
To do that, you’ll need to start liking and following others. You’re going to spend social capital to build up your own. This will help your name and content be seen.
Don’t go crazy, though. You’ll come off like a bot if you’re just clicking like and follow indiscriminately.
See that the people you’re liking and following line up with your brand. That way you maintain consistency.
#4. User Experience
Ultimately, any Instagram influencer needs to give their audience something more than just pretty pictures. What are your followers getting out of following you?
There are lots of ideas as to how to boost your brand’s utility. Figuring out this key component is how to take your content from mediocre to money-making.
Read | 6 Vital Things to do to Become a Powerful Influencer
Here are a few places to start:
- Emotional – Inspire your followers. Make their day a little better for following you.
- Motivational – Find ways to help your followers meet their goals. Be their biggest cheerleader.
- Instructional – Love to DIY? Show your followers how to do it too.
These ideas work from fashion to fitness, from writing prompts to world news.
You can even use your Instagram posts to point your followers to a long-form blog.
#5. Hash It Out
Using trending or trendy #hashtags to grow your brand is one shortcut to becoming Instagram famous. The trick is to figure out which ones will boost your brand.
Here’s the fool-proof plan for choosing which hashtags will work best with your brand:
- Trending: When hashtags are trending, you can use that to your advantage. Be careful – it can seem you’re trying to exploit them if your timing is off or you don’t use it in a tasteful way.
- Searchable: Hashtags on Instagram are now searchable. You can use popular hashtags so that new people will discover you. One issue to be aware of: if your hashtag is too popular, you can get lost in the shuffle. Use one that’s still firmly in your niche.
- Branded: Make your own hashtag and encourage followers to tag relevant content with it.
One word of warning about hashtags: don’t overstuff your posts with them. Use just a few but make them count.
If push comes to shove, you can hide your hashtags in a comment on your post.
#6. Be Consistent
Look into Instagram insights to find out when your followers are most engaged with your content. Then build your posting scheduling around that.
Once you’ve got your schedule figured out, stick to it. Keep posting consistently so your followers know when to expect new content from you.
Must See | 7 Ways to Tell if Your Instagram Marketing is Successful
#7. Be Engaging
Engagement is frequently what social media platforms are basing their algorithms around. If you want to be truly Instagram famous, you’ll have to be engaging.
What does that mean? Like others’ content. Respond to comments on your posts. Mention loyal followers from time to time.
In fact, if you see a follower engaging with your content on a regular basis, make it a point to engage with them more. This is how you create a super fan.
Another great way to be engaging? Try asking your followers open-ended questions. This is a fantastic way to get inside your followers’ heads, find out what they like, and have a real conversation with them.
Ready to Be Instagram Famous?
Now that you’ve got the tools to become Instagram famous, what are you waiting for?
Create your account, fire up your niche, and start posting! Keep at it and you’ll eventually see results – and dollar signs.
Want to earn more money on the side? Consider adding an SEO-optimized blog to your Instagram account to create even more content for your followers.
Check back often and learn more ways to earn money from your hobbies!